May 15, 2012

Prints for the Home

With the possibility of us moving sometime in the near future, all I can think about is how I want to decorate our new (and currently nonexistent) apartment.
 Because moving means we'll actually have to buy our own furniture, and I have so many ideas of how to spruce up our place and make it more my style.
Since I got married when I was practically a teenager, I feel like our apartment now has a young feel to it. Don't get me wrong, I love it, but I'm hoping to give our future apartment a more mature feel.

I decided to try to find some really great prints that I love to base each room around.
Meaning, having focal points that tie together color schemes and decor.

Here's what I've found so far:

For the living room, I love the idea of having a London themed room. Lots of poppy red, pops of mint, cream, charcoal, hints of black and blush, and cozy, rustic colors that remind me of the city I long to live in.

I love this print for a bathroom. Our bathroom right now goes great with these colors of dusty aqua, cream, and chocolate, meaning there wouldn't have to be much change when it comes to bath linens.

I love this cheery print for our kitchen. I'm hoping for lots and lots of white, and natural sunlight for our next kitchen, since our one right now can be either dingy due to lack of sunlight, or stark because of the florescent light. But this almost primary color feel to this print would go great in a kitchen, and who doesn't love the bay?

And don't even get me started on our future bedroom, because I'm so indecisive that I'm sure it will be the last thing to ever get decorated when we do move eventually.
I love color schemes like black, white, and lime with lots of stripes and black and white photos and white flowers on a night stand. 
Or I love soft colors like peach and gold and creams, with gold trays and antique dressers.
Or lots of white with pops of poppy and navy, with girly touches like bows and maybe an oar or two in the corner.

Regardless, a girl can dream. right?

No comments: