June 7, 2012

Soundtrack to my Life

I want to talk about something that I think most of you can relate to (hopefully).
Do you ever drive in your car, or walk down the street, or do something where you think you look really awesome doing it, and think, "If I had a soundtrack to my life, _____ would be playing in the background right now."
Okay no? Just me? Well I always wished that I had background music to make my life a little cooler. Maybe it's just me.
But I always wanted to be like Hilary Duff in the Lizzie McGuire movie where she drives around Rome on a moped with pop music in the background, laughing with some hot Italian guy and her hair blowing under that ridiculous helmet. 
Or when she runs through the Villa d'Este gardens with that hideous dress on and those cool leggings and there's Italian music playing.
Maybe I've just seen that movie too many times, but when I was 14, I wanted to be just like her and so having a soundtrack to my life was a part of that.
 SOOO I put together a little playlist of my own "life soundtrack" songs that I'll surely be listening to while on our trip, and for the rest of the summer too. Some songs are OLD, like I loved them in 9th grade old, but that okay. Being eclectic never hurt anyone.

(Poor Lizzie, whoever told you to wear those pants must have really hated you. Oh and that blouse too. And the purse. And we've already talked about the helmet.)


Mexican Wine- Fountains of Wayne (this video is SO weird)
 

3 comments:

Kate Magleby said...

There she goes is the perfect one! I love that movie, and I love that song!

Ali Kirk said...

You are seriously hilarious hahahahha and I love the playlist! I'm making a mix with these songs as we speak!

Melissa said...

Love it! I'm making a playlist with these. Miss you!