July 11, 2012

Rhodes & Mykonos

Before I go on with this post, I just wanted to put a little plug in and say that since we're moving, I'm getting rid of like ALL my clothes... So I've added more than 60 items to my blog shop! There are tons of different types of clothes to choose from and lots of your favorite brands too. so if you're interested go ahead and click HERE to check them out!

Now onto Rhodes and Mykonos! These days were some of the best, since we spent a lot of time at the beach (and I did some serious work on my tan both days!). Plus, there's nothing like taking a dip in the Mediterranean.
So we'll start in Rhodes. The island is very much a vacation destination, and we shared the beach we went to with lots of people of Eastern Europe and Russia (Chin loved eavesdropping on their conversations). We pretty much just spent the day driving along the coast seeing the views from the rocky cliffs, and saw other things like the Acropolis of Rhodes and the old town. Then we spent the rest of the day at the beach, collecting sea glass and basking in the clear water. Heaven, I tell you.


The fam along the coast of Rhodes

A view of some of the resort beaches. The water is ombre! I love it.

Old town Rhodes


I think I loved Mykonos the most of any place that we went to, simply because the day trip ended up being a huge adventure. The island of Mykonos is known for its lavish nightlife and nude beaches, and since neither of those things really appealed to us, we decided to take a different approach. We all hopped on ATV's and drove all around the island together, stopping at different beaches and seeing the sights. 
We went to Kalo Livadi which was one of the hidden beaches of Mykonos. It was one of the prettiest beaches I have ever been to, and even though it was relatively windy that day, we all had so much fun. We saw things like the Mykonos Chora (capital of Mykonos), the windmills, and Little Venice (one of the coolest towns I've ever seen). 

Mykonos

Amber & my mom, working those helmets

Can we examine this awesome picture? Chin in a helmet is funny enough, but the fact that his helmet is way too small for his head just kills me.
 

Kalo Livadi



 

The Windmills

Little Venice
 


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful photos! I get a serious travel bug whenever I look at your blog.

Ali Kirk said...

Bahahahah that picture of Chin cracks me up.

Jillian said...

wow these photos just leave me breathless! So beautiful

Amber said...

HAHAHAHA! I can't get the image of Chin, Noel, and Gordie all standing there in their helmets. What a funny crew! Great pictures!