September 28, 2010

how do i love thee

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.
I love thee to the level of everyday's
Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.
I love thee freely, as men strive for Right;
I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.
I love thee with a passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints, --- I love thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life! --- and, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death.

thank you Elizabeth Barrett Browning. i love this poem, it's such a classic.
look- i know it's not october and it was 87 degrees today in provo, utah- but it is technically fall.
i love fall.
absolutely.
incandescently.

there are too many things about fall that make it the perfect season.

colors. perhaps the most enticing and beautiful palate: red, orange, yellow, green, brown. none of those are my favorite color- but there is something about seeing the leaves gradually change that inspire. i took this picture last year at Helaman Halls. fall even exists in Provo.
HALLOWEEN. perhaps a holiday even better than Christmas. in my opinion. i love the tales, the candy, the treats, the decorations, the costumes, the traditions. it's fun. a holiday all about being whoever you want to be. i think we should have that holiday everyday.
these "reese's puffs crunch monster eyeballs" were created by picky-palate. this lady is amazing and bettycrocker.com asked to work with them specifically for halloween. click here to see more of her goodies.
apples. they must be crisp, tart, a little sweet, and colorful. every fall my dad would take me and my sister maren (we were the only ones left at home by then) to the apple orchards somewhere in the boondocks of upstate new york. the HUGE tractor would take us and other pickers up in the middle of the orchard where we could pick as many apples as we wanted. the day would always end with a donut and apple cider and maybe a honey stick or two. sweet bliss.

finally- what is better than the sound of your j.crew catalog being dropped into your mailbox? the anticipation of what is going to be featured in the newest catalog gets me every time. seriously- there is nothing like the newest fall fashions being sweetly delivered to my door.
click here for j.crew's latest creations.
what about fall inspires you?

No comments: