November 14, 2011

Pizzeria Limone

this weekend was jam packed. between cousins and siblings and friends and grandparents, it was filled with laughter and friendship, and put me completely in the holiday mood (thanksgiving feast and all).

we spent most of the weekend in Salt Lake, between my J.Crew event (thanks to everyone who made it!), doing a session at the Salt Lake Temple, spending time with Chin's grandparents and cousins, and having a family dinner with my family and our dear family friends (is this confusing enough for you?).

on Saturday night, after our time at the temple, we went with Chin's two cousins and their spouses to Pizzeria Limone, a new pizzeria in Salt Lake.
we are always looking for new restaurants up in Salt Lake, just in case we somehow end up there for medical school, and even though it's a drive, we love heading up north for a night downtown.

not to be awkward, but can i just say what a sweet kid Chin is? He picked me up from my J.Crew event dressed about as preppy as he gets (it's not his thing), complete with khakis, blazer, argyle sweater and all. seeing him walk through the door dressed up and looking pretty made my heart melt. weird right? whatever. he's great.

i ended up ordering the Limone pizza, an olive oil base with aged and fresh mozzarella, parmigiano reggiano, fresh lemons, red onions, garlic, and basil. 
the red onions were sweet and tangy, and the lemons added the perfect amount of bitterness.
it was divine!
Chin got two pizzas (and a side salad... and was still hungry.): The Caprese- tomatoes, basil, fresh and aged mozzarella, parmigiano reggiano, red onion, olive oil, garlic, and balsamic vinegar.... and the Ferrari- a pizza from their underground menu piled with every meat that they serve there.

everything on our pizzas were so fresh, and i loved being able to see them make the pizzas right in front of us.
next time i'm going to get the Viola pizza: marinara, aged and fresh mozzarella, parmigiano reggiano, prosciutto, blackberries, olive oil and basil. Um YUM.

We also got the opportunity to meet the owner, a classy gentleman who had a heart of gold, and was so fun to chat with. He was so friendly and made us feel right at home.

Someday we'll go there. :)
have any of you ever been to Pizzeria Limone? If so, what did you think?

If you haven't been, we highly recommend that you do!
how was your weekend?

2 comments:

Karen said...

I just tried Pizzeria Limone last week. It was so delicious, I had the Viola pizza. I highly recommend it. Seriously the best pizza I have ever had, and so fresh. I keep telling everyone about it, glad someone else has been there.
p.s. I love your blog! You two are the cutest couple, and so fashionable. I'm jealous. Also I am in your ward, if you are wondering who this is.

The Bradley's said...

Have you guys tried Pizzeria 712 in Orem yet? Di-vine! They change up the menu seasonally and I LOVED their fall menu especially. The owners are/were(?) chef's at Sundance. As a warning: it is not kid friendly, this is a nice restaurant, which I always found odd. Usually you think pizza and you think family. Whatever, it's wonderful!