August 2, 2012

Two Years

On Tuesday Chin and I celebrated our 2 year anniversary.
Two years!
 It's impossible for me to comprehend how much our relationship and marriage has evolved over the past two years. 
Apparently, two years is a big year for divorce. But somehow we survived. And honestly, we more than just "survived." We flourished, and grew, and adapted, and became closer in the past two years. We didn't get torn apart but instead I feel like Chin and I solidified our relationship and grew to understand each other more.
Because let's face it, Chin and I had only known each other for eight months when we got married. Probability wise, we weren't really calculated to make it through the first two years of marriage, since we hadn't even known each other for a year before. 
But we did, and I couldn't be more happy about it.

Because two years later, I see Chin as my best friend, the person I turn to for everything, and the man I can't wait to spend the rest of eternity with. 


There's a lot more that I'd like to say, but can't really put into words.
I guess I'll end by saying this: I got criticized for getting married young. Like I was throwing my life away. And I still get weird looks of concern when I tell people that I'm 21 and have been married for two years. 
But, I'm so happy that I did get married young, to a man who makes me laugh and makes me feel confident, and is a hard-working, intelligent, great guy who treats me like I'm the only thing that matters. I know my road isn't the right road for everyone, but for me, I have the best life I could have hoped for.

A few shots of from our anniversary:
   We're on vacation with Chin's family right now, so our anniversary celebration itself was pretty low-key. We spent most of the day on the beach with his family, and then at night headed to a small resort town a little north of where we're staying called Holland. The town was so cute, and we broke away from the pack to have a dinner by ourselves at AlpenRose. The whole town has a Bavarian feel to it, and the restaurant felt just the same. We had amazing food and were practically the only ones in the restaurant! After dinner we met up with the rest of the family and got ice cream at Kilwin's (one of the best creameries I have ever tried) where I indulged on a big fat scoop of salted caramel fudge icecream that sent me into a salty and sweet coma. 
Overall, it was a fantastic day (and week), getting to spend so much uninterrupted, stress-free time with Christian.

Working out the pre-photo kinks

Finally got it right!

A few shots from dinner at AlpenRose

So many delicious looking confections at Kilwin's, one of my new favorite places.

And I'll leave you with this, from the best day of our lives two years ago:

Happy Anniversary Chin!

1 comment:

Mrs W said...

Congratulations on your 2 year old marriage! Very exciting! May eternity be just as wonderful as these first 2 years for you both.