July 29, 2013

Vive La France!

We are off! I haven't talked about our trip to Paris much on the blog, but tomorrow we set out for another summer journey to the City of Love.
I've been dreaming about Paris for years. There's such a stigma that comes with the city. The romance, the excitement, the lights, the food (ooh la la, the cuisine!), the sights, the history. All of it appeals to all of me, and I can't wait to turn my dream into a reality. 

We've gone a bit mad (read: I've gone crazy) about traveling recently. I think it's the thought of our someday future of children and careers and other responsibilities that has us wanting to wander all around the world while we're young and full of life (I start my dream job the day after we get back, details to come!).

Our apartment is right in the heart of the 7th arrondissement (neighborhood), with an incredible view of the Eiffel Tower from our windows.

So, Paris, be prepared for me. I'm coming to take advantage of everything you have to offer. I am giddy with excitement and cannot wait to spend a week taking french macaron baking courses and strolling the Musee d'Orsay, picnicing on the Champ de Mars and viewing Paris at night from the Sacre Coeur. And most of all, I can't wait to spend a week in the most romantic city in the world with Christian.

 
"There are only two places in the world where we can live happy: at home and in Paris."
 -Ernest Hemingway

1 comment:

Sean and Jeannette said...

AHHHHH! Have SO much fun, Hayley! Can't wait to hear all about it. Safe travels. xoxo