February 8, 2012

Day 8: Make an Easy Valentine's Table

A few weeks ago, I had some of my girl friends over for dinner. I've gotten really close with them over these last two semesters, and it just seems natural now to weekly have them over for some get-together. 
It wasn't even February yet and I still decided that for some reason I needed to incorporate as much pink and red as possible (can you be addicted to a holiday? I know you guys hate me). 
I used all my resources on hand, and ended up making a relatively festive table that was easy to do.
I thought it would be fun to share some quick and simple ideas for you, just in case you break out the silverware for a Valentine's Day dinner party!
 

The cupid napkins were made by my mother... But do you know how simple it is to make your own napkins? Sewing a square is easy, and JoAnn's or Ikea has lots of great Valentine's Day fabric.  

On bottom, I used a burlap tablecloth, and then the pink heart table cloth and the checkered table runner were both made by my mother. Gosh that women. But they are easy to make! It's like making a really big napkin.

For a little switch up of dinner goblets, buy mason jars at your local thrift store (I bought 20 at D.I. for $3!) and use them for your drinks. You can tie a little twine or yarn around, and I used left over paper gray and red striped straws from a baby shower (bought off etsy for super cheap!).

Pink striped dessert napkins may not seem like a cute decoration for your table, but sitting in a silver napkin holder, it added a fun whimsical feel to the table.

The main focal point was my red lantern from Ikea, purchased last year. It added a little bit of a modern vibe, and once the candles were lit, it added a perfect glow to the evening.

The final product!

However you decide to decorate your Valentine's Day table, make sure it reflects your style. And remember, you don't have to spend a fortune to make it look pretty!

No comments: