Just a little update...
1. On Thursday I fly home to Rochester to see Christian. Need I say more? I'm so excited that I packed my suitcase already.
2. I've been pretty productive this week. I booked a photographer to take family portraits (specifically for our Christmas Card!), booked a viewing of my dream apartment (I mean seriously the most stunning apartment in all history), and even had time to deep-condition my hair and put a fresh coat of nail polish on. Success.
3. I'm halfway through Anna Karenina, and I can't put it down. The story is riveting and heart-wrenching. If you haven't read it then I suggest you do. I'm ashamed of how long it's taken me to read it.
4. Annnddd I got a job for the semester. A fun one! It has super flexible hours and is right in my area of "expertise." I had been freaking out because I hadn't found one yet, so naturally I was really excited about landing this one.
5. Since I've been back at school I've lost 10 pounds. I promise I won't be one of those diet bloggers obsessed with reporting my progress, but I was just too excited to not tell anyone. I still have a long way to go, but as someone whose weight fluctuates a lot, I've been feeling pretty good about my healthy eating choices and exercise routine.
1. Though I might have gotten a temporary job for the next few months, I'm nowhere near finding a big girl job to start my career. I have only been panicking a little, but the closer it gets to December the closer I am to FREAKING OUT.
2. My feet are destroyed. I finally found the rest of my shoes (they were hidden in a bottom bin in our endless pile of stuff in my sister's basement), so I felt obligated to wear as many of them as possible. Which means that my heels and toes are covered in blisters. Good one, Hayley.
1. So on Tuesdays and Thursdays I have 2 BYU exercise classes in a row. I go to an hour of Zumba, followed by another hour of Cycling. I love it because it's a great workout (I can already feel my legs getting stronger), and Zumba and cycling are my two favorite exercise classes that I could have chose from. Anyways, one day last week I forgot to put lotion on my face after washing my face... and went straight to my workout classes. Lo and behold, I walked out of those classes and my face was on FIRE. I mean like so hot that I could barely breathe. The mix between no lotion and 2 hours of hot-sweatiness turned my face into an inferno.
2. Will my butt ever get used to the bike seat? I think I'm permanently bruised. (TMI?)
3. Late Saturday night I was literally starving, so I decided to do what any other self respecting Utahn would do and went to Cafe Rio by myself. I walked in, ordered, and then pulled out my Cafe Rio stamp card and burst into tears. TEARS PEOPLE. Only because the stamp card was Chin's, and he gave it to me to use when he moved to New York. I am a straight up hot mess. The cashier had no idea what to do and even though it was 10 at night, the place was packed so naturally everyone looked at me like I was a freak. Which I am because let's be honest, who cries over a stamp card?